As a response to working with the whole family, we realized the need to also support the community in which we live and work.
– Community Advocating & Support: SVYC is an active member of the community coalition and redevelopment committees. We also host events for the community at large.
– Virtual Parent Classes: We host online stress management and mental health workshops for parents.
– Vitual Family Events: We host online art nights and more for parents to do with their children! Our goal is to provide families the opportunity to do different and fun activities for deep connection.
– Summer Events: We host weekly, community-wide BBQs, bike rides, and outdoor movie nights.
– Holiday Distributions: We distribute Thanksgiving baskets in November and Christmas presents in December.
– Services & Drives: Throughout the course of a year, we distribute backpacks and school supplies, laundry funds, hygiene products, bikes, clothing, and more.
Making the Difference
of Sun Valley residents have not gradated high school
of the youth attending Sun Valley Youth Center will graduate
of Sun Valley residents are unemployed
of the youth attending Sun Valley Youth Center graduates are working and unincarcerated